Add Custom Script

sriramphanisriramphani Posts: 8
Hi,

I'm comparing tables and we have updater that executes the saved scripts from Data Compare to all the terminals.

Now we have decided to run some scripts on terminal 1 and rest on terminal 2. I do have a function that determines whether it is terminal 1 or terminal 2.

After comparison, I would like to include that function as a condition to the generated script which will run only on terminal 1 but not on terminal 2. I can include that manually after every data compare. But is there a way to automatically add

IF(Terminal1() = 1)
BEGIN

Generated Script
END

so that I don't have to do it manually?

Thanks,
Sriram.

Comments

• Hi there,

This isn't something that is currently supported within SQL Data Compare, however the workaround is to simply alter the script yourself.

I am curious, would you see this as a option where you could write in your own script that would be run by SQL Data Compare, or implemented in some other way?

Many thanks!

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • I'm currently using data compare to compare and sync data. But before saving the script, I would prefer if I have an option to edit the script.

Anyway, I will continue to save the script and edit the script and then run the script manually.

Thanks for your reply,
    Sriram.
  • We're considering adding a 'pre-deployment script' feature in the next major release but only if there's enough interest. If anyone else would benefit from this feature please respond to this thread!

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software