Synchronize with Indexes but not the tables - SQL Compare

rajadirajadi Posts: 2
edited September 27, 2011 2:22PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi All,
I would like to synchronize my target database with a source database - however I DO NOT want to synchronize the tables and only want to push the indexes on these tables to the target.
In the SQL Compare 8 version there is an option to remove tables from filter, but with that the indexes are gone. Basically I want to retain the table differences in the target and ONLY want to promote the indexes. Can I do this?

Thanks for your help
raj

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Unfortunately indexes are included with the tables that created against and not as a separate object.

The only work around I can suggest would to edit the synchronization script generated so that only the index information remains.

I have added the details of this forum post to an existing feature request for SQL compare to treat indexes as a separate object. The feature request reference is SC-4562.

Hopefully the SQL Compare Product Manager and Development Team will consider the request for a future version of the product.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Hi,

We would love to have the option of synchronizing just the indexes on tables as this has been a constant issue we are having especially with replicated tables. Has this feature request been in the works for any upcoming release? Can you give an update on this please?

Thank you.
    Ertug Karakus
  • It's definitely something we hope to do. It's not in the next release, v9.5, but it could follow in the next one.

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • We have licensed clients(they care for the product and database) and managed clients(they pay us to do the above).
    A licensed client is changing their contract and delivering their database to us. We now wish to verify they have the same indexes as our maintained production datasets. We also want to keep their other indexes(perhaps removed later) due to some unique usage of the product.

Is there a way to script out all 'create index' statements? (Or is this enhancement request required)

This would be a great benefit to an already valuable product.

Thank you.