VDI 1010 Error when performing Database Restore

JayZeeJayZee Posts: 6
edited June 15, 2005 2:56AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am currently evaluating this product with the 14-day trial software (V3.2.0).

As part of this testing, I have successfully backed up a 1.8GB database and have now deleted this database with the intention of restoring it using the created .sqb file.

However, I am presented with a VDI 1010 error (failed to get configuration from server); pressing 'OK' returns 'Grid Index Out of Range'.

What conditions will produce this error?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Just as a follow up to this, the problem is resolved if the connection is made via Windows Authentication and not SQL (even if this is via the SA account!).

Thanks
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    I assume you are using the Restore Wizard in the GUI. At which stage of the restore steps do you encounter the error? Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Petey

The error occurs when the Restore GUI attempts to read the file restore paths.

Thanks

John
    Could you pls try using the command line interface to read the file list? E.g.

sqlbackupc -sql "RESTORE FILELISTONLY FROM DISK = '<your sqb file>'" -U sa -P <password>
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • Peter

That successfully returns the relevant details for both the data and log files without error.

Cheers

John
    Are you also able to restore the database via the cmd line?

Does the password for the sa user contain any accented or non-standard characters?

Can you also start Profiler, and try to perform the restore using the Restore Wizard again? When you hit the error, what are the last few entries in Profiler?
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • Peter

I'll try this at some point over the next couple of days and let you know.

Thanks for your prompt replies - much appreciated!

John