Options

Synchronization Script

MartinButcherMartinButcher Posts: 16
edited March 16, 2006 12:07PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi I am running SQL 2005 and Redgate SQL Compare 4.1.0.59

I ran a compare between two different versions database versions and I set options to not compare things like users, symmetric keys, asymmetric keys, user defined types, constraints, foreign key names.

The compare ran OK and gave me the results I expected but when I hit the synchronize button after selecting the things I wanted to synchronize. I got a script that included the user create, constraints and foriegn keys etc that I had set options not to compare on.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??

Comments

• Options
    Hello there,

Please check on the dependencies things in the databases, and then check on the options for it.

You can find the "Option" under the "Comparison", and then the top option is about dependencies.

Hope it will work.

T. kato
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Martin,

You will want to de-select the 'Include Dependencies' option in SQL Compare. With this option on, objects that need to be modified before modifying the object your interested in (ie. a stored procedure that selects from a table that needs to be modified forst), then those objects will also be included in the synchronization.

On the other hand, not including dependencies will more than likely cause the script to fail.