Options

Source code for COM+/GAC

nelisnelis Posts: 2
Hi,

I am evaluating ANTS. I don't get source code references from most of the DLLs involved when profiling a COM+ package. Only one of the referenced DLLs provides them properly. I understand from previous postings that I need the debug version of the DLL with corresponding PDB files.
Are there any specific project properties that must be set before compiling?

Note that the COM+ DLL is also put in the GAC. Could that be the problem? Putting the PDB files in WINNT/SYSTEM32 didn't help.

Any ideas?

By the way, I have ONE profiling resultset that does have source code references for all DLLs but I have no idea what has changed afterwards.

Nelis

PS: At first glance the results look promising although there are indeed problems with timing and recursion (as already mentioned by others)

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Nelis,

If you're putting the COM+ dll in the GAC, it's a bit of a pain to get the PDB in the right place. From the start menu, run %SYSTEMROOT%\Assembly\GAC. Open the folder named after your COM+ serviced component, find the folder with the correct version number, and drop the PDB in alongside your dll. Now Profiler should be able to find it.

You'll probably need to do this each time you build this assembly, which can be a bit of a pain.