Options

Other users could not login

Hugo SmitsHugo Smits Posts: 2
edited July 12, 2005 1:12PM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
If I (developer) use the toolkit in the application the synchronisation will succeed. If we install the application on another computer and other person will use the application it will fail. It will give the following error:

[Error 15:09:38.60] \n1) Exception Information\n\nException Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException\nErrors: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlErrorCollection\nClass: 14\nLineNumber: 0\nMessage: Login Failed for user INI\dj.vd.laak.\nNumber: 18456\nProcedure: \nServer: \nState: 1\nSource: .Net SqlClient Data Provider\nTargetSite: Void OpenAndLogin()\nHelpLink: NULL\n\nStackTrace Information\n\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OpenAndLogin()\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection..ctor(SqlConnection connection, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions)\n at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()\n at RedGate.SQLDataCompare.Engine.SqlProvider.GetDatabase(IConnectionProperties connectionProperties)\n at Interpolis.DMMenu.Synchroniseren..ctor()\n\nException Information\nSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login Failed for user INI\dj.vd.laak.\n

If I use the application (I did login on the computer) it works. So I think I have to license the other users. What do I need to do?

Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Hugo,

Thanks for asking. It seems like this is simply a case of your Toolkit application using Windows Authentication and the user who is running the application not having access to the SQL Server. You could try switching over to SQL authentication and using a SQL Server account (such as sa…) by setting the ConnectionProperties’ last two arguments to a username and a password.

Alternatively you can add the Windows user into the database using Enterprise Manager. If the user is connecting across the Internet (not in the same Windows domain), then the Windows Authentication will probably not work.

Please let me know whether or not this helps.
This discussion has been closed.