Options

Suggestion: fuzzy match/ignore characters

jeppsterjeppster Posts: 2
edited August 22, 2008 3:30AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Developers: All of our tables, views, stored procs, columns, etc. are all named according to a XX_XXXXX_XXX structure. So, in order to get SQL Prompt to provide a prompt for my_table_tbl, I start typing "my_tabl" and then it will give me what I want.

Whether I don't even try or I just miss it, I will often not type the underscore, and then the prompt list comes up empty. My team and I think that it would be very helpful to have a setting to ignore certain characters when determining the response list. For example, we would tell SQL Prompt to not look for '_' when the user types. When I wanted to get my_table_tbl to show up in the list, I would just start typing "mytabl" and it would pop right up. I don't have to use the shift key for anything else (SQL Prompt ignores case for me), so I really don't want to use it for the underscore either.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for the feedback. I have raised this suggestion as a feature request in our tracking software. The developers will consider implementing this in the next version of SQL Prompt.