Options

SQL Packager and dboption

dm4714dm4714 Posts: 28
edited March 25, 2005 1:30PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I would like to have SQL Packager, when creating an .EXE file, to have an option for user to set the database option for logging to "Simple" or "Full".

How can this be accomplished?

I saw a previous thread about editing C# templates or something... but I do not know C# and am not compiling the project as a C# application.

Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Is the option that you're trying to set the recovery model of the database, which one of Simple, Full, or Bulk-Logged?

If so, the package will give you this option. If you click the Advanced button next to 'make a database' on the package's main form, there is a dropdown where you can choose a new database's recovery model.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
  • Options
    Hi - I'm curious to know if there is any other way that this can be implicitly set without requiring the user to remember to do it?

Our DB doesn't require transaction logging, therefore if user fails to set to "Simple", it will eventually eat up most of their space on their drive.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

In that case, it looks like your only option is to remember to set the recovery mode option when you create the package using the Packager software. You can get to it in the last screen of the package wizard under Extra Package Info->Database Properties.
This discussion has been closed.