Options

Foreign Key on column locked when loading from CSV

tkdennistkdennis Posts: 114
I have a State table and County table, where the County table has a state_id with a foreign key back to the State table. I loaded the State data from a CSV file fine. I made a County.CSV file with the county name and state number and want to use that to load the County table, but the foreign key on state_id is locked so the counties get loaded to random states. I tried setting the table data source to the CSV, and just using CSV for the column sources, but nothing will let me change the Foreign Key Generator on state_id.

I read an old post that had this same issue and a response that it would be changed in 1.1. Is there any way to oerride the generator on a column with a Foreign Key?

Thanks,
Traci
SDG 1.1

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Thanks for your post. As I have mentioned in a previous post, the reason for 1.1 was to fix a few issues and not introduce any new features.

Thanks for your comments, at the moment this isn't possible however we are looking at incorporating this into a later release. I have added a note into our system so we can review your suggestion at a later date.

If you have any other feedback, please let us know.

Thank you

Ben