Options

Trial version registration

sqlbackupforumsqlbackupforum Posts: 3
edited April 26, 2007 3:41AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi my trial version expired but I have license keys for 3 more servers. How do I register expired trial version?

Also, do i need this registered on all servers, or can i use one machine to push restore from remotely?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    also just a quick note, i'm using commandline sqlbackupc.exe , and the trial has expired...so i'm not sure whether I need to install GUI over, or i can somehow activate this one?
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    If you have only the command line interface installed, then use the ProductActivation.exe application to register your copy of SQL Backup.

If you have installed the SQL Backup service application, then you can use the SQL Backup GUI to register, locally or remotely. First add your server to the list of registered servers in the GUI. Then select your server in the server pane, right click, and select 'License activation'.

>> Also, do i need this registered on all servers, or can i use one machine to push restore from remotely?

I'm sorry but I do not fully understand this statement. You need to register SQL Backup on any server that you plan to use it on, unless you want to use only the conversion utilities (sqb2mtf.exe or sqb2mtfGUI.exe).
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8