Options

How do I resolve a python module issue? - UPDATE - The Final Word!

PAF429PAF429 Posts: 4 New member
edited March 20, 2018 5:21PM in SQL Data Generator
Update:

I am now trying generating data for tables in "waves"  but not all my scripts are working as intended  The next viable alternative is to write post data generation scripts that correct data in the generated tables.

What would have been ideal would be a clear indication from the start that iron python does not support pyodbc along with the indication that the data generation process does not "resolve" foreign keys first such that they are not available for use in the derivation of remaining data columns. Two key points that should be made abundantly clear!

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    RichardLRichardL Posts: 417 Gold 4
    Hi @PAF429

Thanks for your post. 

This looks like a question that one of Support engineers will need to investigate for you.

If you have a support contract, please send us a ticket. Provide as much information as you can - screenshots of any errors, log files etc – so we can help you as fast as possible.

If you're not covered by a Support contract at the moment, email our Sales team at sales@red-gate.com, and they'll be able to help. 

Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    PAF429PAF429 Posts: 4 New member
    The "kiss of death"!!!!

To be honest I was kind of expecting this response!  

Only remaining option is to correct the table contents after the data has been generated.  If I resolve this issue which boils down to using a foreign key value to access reference data necessary to create a column value I will post it!