How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Trying to upgrade from version 5.2 to version 7.1 but it fails

I am trying to upgrade from version 5.2 to version 7.1 but it fails. The SQL credentials being used are the db_owner for RedGateMonitor db. Has someone faced the same issue?

Thanks in advance for the successful pointers.
Tagged:

Answers

• gsinghgsingh Posts: 5 New member
    Anybody who can help or advice?
  • Hi @gsingh

In theory the upgrade should work - what error are you getting or where is the update failing? Is it during the installer process where you get an error? If you can share the error that would help!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
    rwu73aufaja5.png

After this screenshot , it comes up with the message Installation Failed. No further errors
    Alex B wrote: »
    Hi @gsingh

In theory the upgrade should work - what error are you getting or where is the update failing? Is it during the installer process where you get an error? If you can share the error that would help!

Kind regards,
    Alex

fyqwbmcsy8ej.png
    I am assuming nobody has come across this issue and hence cannot help?
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @gsingh

The usual installation errors I've seen relate to some issue installing the base monitor service portion of the installer, but it would pop up with an error window when it got to that part.

What OS are you trying to install this on and what SQL Server version are you using for the data repository?

If you just try to install the web UI portion of the product does that succeed? If that does if you then go to %ProgramFiles%\Red Gate\SQL Monitor\Web\Website\Download (the path should be similar to this depending on IIS or built in) and run the exe found there to install the base monitor service does it succeed?

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?