Options

Not generating inserts

tschlarmtschlarm Posts: 23 Bronze 2
edited April 20, 2017 1:06AM in SQL Data Compare
SDC v12.3.1.4383
For some reason comparing databases between Azure SQL and a local SQL 2016, inserts are not generated in the deployment script.
Source: Azure SQL
Dest: SQL 2016 (local)

After the compare, the summary shows 6000+ changes on the azure side and some differences between source and dest, but when I select only that table, hit deploy, deploy using SDC and then look at the deployment script, I only see updates, no inserts. I checked all the boxes in that row and all the items show up in the differences panel at the bottom with all the rows checked.

This appears to be a nasty bug in this version as I uninstalled this version and re-installed 12.2 and it generated updates as expected (loaded the same project file).

Skipping this release...
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi tschlarm,

The support team are going to look into this in more detail for you, thanks for raising the issue.
  • Options
    In the meantime we'd be really interested if anyone else is hitting a similar issue - this sounds like a pretty serious bug, so we'd like to get it fixed as soon as possible before pushing 12.3 out from Frequent Updates to everyone.
  • Options
    Hi tschlarm,

We believe this has been resolved in SQL Data Compare 12.3.2.

It appears that in some cases when deploying from right to left we were getting the INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE selections confused. This was caused by the work to remove the re-comparison step when changing deployment direction.

Please let us know if this latest release resolves the issue and if you see any other strange behavior.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software