Options

Object level recovery error

azizkarimazizkarim Posts: 6 New member
edited February 1, 2016 5:33AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have picked destination db and sqb backup file then it failed. Error reading backup objects. Unable to get PFS page for page id . I also tried a different db and backup file. same error.
Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hi Aziz,

Thanks for your post.

I suspect that you are using a sqb file created form a SQL 2012 or SQL 2014 database.

I'm afraid the backup reader used in OLR does not currently support backup files created by SQL 2012 and SQL 2014. This is a known issue with internal reference SB-5660 and I have added a reference to your call there. I'm afraid there is currently no time frame for this issue to be resolved and so I will put the call on hold awaiting a fix for the bug and update you at that time.

I do have a work around if your organisation makes use SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare. Using SQL Compare, compare the sqb file with the database, identify the missing object as it will only exist in the backup file. Deploy the missing object from the backup file to the database.

If the dropped object was a table, next use SQL Data Compare, compare the sqb file with the database, the formerly missing object data will only exist in the backup file. Deploy the missing object's data from the backup file to the database.

Let me know if this helps.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com