Options

Loading a script error

rivstyxrivstyx Posts: 6
edited August 10, 2006 1:52PM in ANTS Load
Hello everyone,
My company owns the enterprise edition and I have been able to successfully run tests with no problem but when I try to load a saved script I receive the following error...

System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x11, is an invalid character. Line 226, position 14.
at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.ParseXml()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, ISerParser serParser)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
at RedGate.Ants.TestInformation.Project.LoadFromDisk(String fileName)
at RedGate.Ants.ANTS.Startup.LoadGenericFile(String fileName)
at RedGate.Ants.ANTS.frmMain.OpenFile()

Has anyone seen this before?
There is a difference between working hard and working smart.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Yes -- If the script recorder encounters a binary file upload (a multipart/form-data post), it decides whether or not to base64-encode the data so that the script doesn't fail validation because it contains binary data. It makes this determination by checking for characters > ASCII 127.

If it encounters a character like this, the whole part of the post data is Base64-encoded so that only 'printable' characters appear in the script.

Trouble is the logic doesn't check for characters < 32, which includes DEL and BEL and various control characters which also can't be printed.

Until we get this fixed, the best that you can do is edit the project (ANTS) file with notepad, look for nonpriintable characters, and replace them.
  • Options
    Thanks.
    There is a difference between working hard and working smart.