Stand-alone version of SQL Backup File Converter

24Seven24Seven Posts: 9
edited December 16, 2009 9:27AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Is there a place to download a stand-alone version of the backup file converter? I want to give it to my developers so that I can simply give them a SQL Backup file instead of having to convert it to a bak.

Comments

• NM. Found the answer which is that you can distribute the executable for the command-line or the GUI right from the \SQL Backup 6 folder.
  • Spoke too soon. What files do I need to have in the same folder to run the SQBConverterGUI.exe?
  • Once again, NM. :). The files needed for the GUI at least are:
    RedGate.Shared.Controls.dll
    RgSqdbConvHelper.dll.

It'd be nice if this was documented somewhere.

In addition, it kind of sucks that the converter expands the files into four chunks (at least it did on mine). It's not a big deal, but it would be nicer if it would create a single BAK file. If that means that the backup needs to create a single file, then so be it.
  • I am sorry to hear you have had difficulty with the file converter. I have forwarded your comments to the technical author in charge of SQL Backup. Do you require any further assistance at this time?
  • I hope you will be pleased to hear that we have updated the SQL Backup help file to include some extra information about which files are needed to run the file converter and an explanation of multiple .bak files if multiple threads were used to create the backup file.

Please see:

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 899087.htm