All SQL Backup servers are not available for reporting

fatherjack2fatherjack2 Posts: 311
edited November 3, 2009 6:33AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

I have noticed an issue if the SQB UI is left running on a PC overnight.

My normal procedure is to run the UI in the morning check all backups have completed from last night and then close the UI until I need to create a backup or do a restore. However, if I leave the UI running over night, when I run through the reporting process the 2nd day I get and error of :
Update server history - Failed
==============================

Updating SERVER1 - Successful
-------------------------------

This operation completed successfully.

Updating SERVER2 - Failed
-------------------------------

SQL Network Interfaces: The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.  Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "SERVER2 " returned message "Cannot generate SSPI context".

Updating SERVER3 - Failed
---------------------------

SQL Network Interfaces: The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.  Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "SERVER3 " returned message "Cannot generate SSPI context".

Updating SERVER4 - Failed
---------------------------

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "SERVER4" returned message "Cannot generate SSPI context".

Updating SERVER5 - Failed
-----------------------

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "SERVER5" returned message "Cannot generate SSPI context".

Updating SERVER6 - Failed
-----------------------------------

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "SERVER6" returned message "Cannot generate SSPI context".

Where server1 is the server with the SQB Reporting database.

The whole of the UI seems unable to connect to the other servers, the timeline and server list only have information for SERVER1.

Closing the UI and restarting it resolves the issue in all respects.

Regards
Jonathan

Senior DBA
Careers South West Ltd