Force Upgrade database option

GarymazzoneGarymazzone Posts: 16 Bronze 1
edited November 4, 2010 5:23AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Is there a way to force the GUI interface to have the Upgrade database option selected instead of the Make database option? I have tried editing the project template to have the radiobutton selected but it does not come up that way after the exe is created

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Gary,

I think that the problem you're seeing could be a symptom of a bug in SQL Packager that causes the program to always create a new database regardless of whether ot not /makedatabase was specified. Can you please upgrade to the latest private build from

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQL_ ... r91109.zip

? Hopefully this solves the issue for you. If not, please let me know.
  • I have already down loaded that version. I did manager to make this do what I wanted by moving the statement to set the radio button to later in the code.
  • Is this build version still available?

We're experiencing a bug when using command line options. If I do not specify /makedatabase I still get an error when the package executable tries to create it.

I've already tried the version (6.3) download-able from the forum sticky update link. The version referenced here is no longer on the server.

Thanks
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    You will want to download the cumulative patch for SQL Packager. It's in the announcement topic at the top of the SQL Packager forum. This topic always has the link to the latest Packager build. Although it hasn't been officially been tested it's been around for a long time and seems to solve lots of issues while not causing any that I know of.