Need more control over tabs in SQL Prompt.

njahnckenjahncke Posts: 23
edited November 11, 2009 9:21AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hey there,

I absolutely love the product, but I do have a problem with the way tabs are apparently used.

Is there any way at present to prevent SQL Prompt from automatically inserting tabs on the new line after enter is pressed (like the Visual Studio "None" option under "Text Editor" > "C#" > "Tabs" > "Indenting" for example)?

Thanks in advance!

Nathan

Comments

• We can't reproduce your issue here. Can you send me a screenshot of your tabs and wrapping settings. Can you also send me an example script that exhibits the behaviour? I have sent you a PM with the reply address.
  • Has any progress been made on this? SQL Prompt 4 always "smart-indent" no matter what. If I turn off SQL Prompt for SSMS, this issue goes away.

This was not an issue in the previous version as it had options for indenting which I always set to "none".

Please help, this is driving me crazy.
  • I agree, it's a huge pain.

I explained the issue to Linda @ Red Gate and they acknowledged that it is a problem. If it wasn't on their request list before, it is now. It's a minor change, so I'm hoping they'll include it in their next update.