Options

Specify app pools?

Hi, I just installed ANTS Profiler 5.1 Pro on one of my QA servers to help identify a performance problem. However, my site won't load properly b/c of how I have app pools configured. For example, in IIS 7, I have several applications hanging under the root running in special, unmanaged app pools. When I run ANTS, it appears that these apps are now running through a managed app pool which is causing them to misbehave. So my question is: how can I get ANTS to respect the IIS7 configuration? Or is that even possible?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Last time I looked into this, I found that Profiler was setting up its' own hard-coded application pool configuration. Naturally, it has to make a few changes so it will run outside or IIS, but it always sets up the application pool in "classic" mode, which causes some problems.

I'd try out the ANTS Application Host, which will run your web application as a console app that you can profile. This program will copy your app pool configuration and overwrite the bits that it needs to in order to allow profiling to work. Here is a link to it:
    ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/ants ... Host11.zip