Options

Ignoring a column

CrispinHCrispinH Posts: 57
I'm compaing a couple of database tables on production and development servers where one column is Arabic text, but the encoding in each database is different. I want to compare the tables except for this column which I will have to to programatically to take account of the different encodings. Is there any way to ignore a particular column?

Thanks

Crispin

Comments

• Options
    Yes - in the Tables & Views tab of the Project Configuration dialog, find the table with the column you want to ignore, and access the drop-down on the column headed 'Columns'. Then uncheck the box of the column you want to ignore.

Does that solve your problem?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Excellent! I did hunt around the 'Tables & Views' tab, but missed the 'Columns in Comparison' grid column. Now it's obvious...

Thanks

Crispin
  • Options
    how can you do that using code? that is exclude a column. I dont care if a column value is different. Second part of the question is, I want to exclude a column from being synchronized. That is no matter what, I dont want to update that column? Is it possible using API? do you have an example? Thank you for your help....