Profiler hangs on Windows 2008 x64

Hi,

I'm trying to profile a windows service that runs on Windows 2008 x64. When I try to start a new profiling session I get the following error:
Fatal error to instantiating components hosting for: DataManager (type: XXXXXXXXXXXX, YYYYYYYYYYYYY, Version=A.B.C.D, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null). Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Bad unmanaged code entry point.

Is there a patch that I have to use ? I'm using Ant 5.1.0.14.

Thanks

Pawel

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

The message seems to indicate a problem reading an assembly for whatever reason.

This is a pretty vague answer, so hopefully there will be more information in the log file. You can find the logs in Help > Open Log folder

We have seent his kind of thing with AJAX before. The AjaxControlToolkit.dll emits code using reflection and this interferes with dynamic code being emitted by ANTS Profiler at the same time. We have a workaround and that is to go into your bin folder for the web application and delete AjaxControlToolkit.pdb, which will stop ANTS Profiler from attempting to get line-level timings and source code for that dll. The rest of the source code view shouldn't be affected.

The other alternative would be to use method-level only timings, but that would be undesirable if line-level is of interest to you.

I know you're probably not using AJAx, but i thought this information might be useful, in case your issue turns out to be similar.
    Chris
  • In fact, could you remove all the pdb files for the assemblies that get profiled?