Keep track of scripts that have been run

hoosiersqldevhoosiersqldev Posts: 4
edited November 14, 2011 11:09AM in SQL Multi Script
It would be nice if Multi Script could insert into a change log table on the db (automatically) with what script and when it was run. Then to also have the ability to have it not run scripts which have already been run.

I highly suggest that for the next release. How do other people handle that situation now?

Comments

• Hi there,

I can certainly see why this would be a valuable thing to have, therefore I have created a note in our systems regarding this particular feature request, and the tracking number is SE-639.

Pete
    Peter Peart
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 ext. 8569
    1 866 RED GATE ext. 8569
  • Okay, yeah, that is holding us up from using red gate products. We need to be able to know what scripts have been run and for multi-script to automatically filter out previously run scripts.
  • Any update on this request? Tracking number was created almost exactly a year ago.

Thanks
  • I keep running into this problem where I need to rerun scripts that failed on certain databases. Finding the few databases needed to rerun in a list of 100+ in the distribution list is getting very tedious. It would be nice to have a button that checks off just the databases the script failed on in the distribution list. Any update on this?