Delete existing backup not working

sebest1sebest1 Posts: 3
edited September 9, 2009 1:55PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have my backup recycle every 7 days. But since upgraded to v6.x, the files older than 7 days remain, instead of being deleted as they supposed to be. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It was working on v5.x.

-S-
-S-

Comments

• Hi Sebest1,

At the moment, SQL Backup 6 will not delete certain backups:
    • Version 5 files
    • Encrypted backups (unless the password is the same as the backup being made)
    • Backups of other databases
    • Backups of differing types (Full, diff, log)
    Are any of the files not being deleted outside of the above? If so, please let me know the particulars.

Thanks

Robin
    Robin Anderson
    Development
    Red-Gate Software
  • Hi Robin

Thanks for the respond. That explains why. Yes, those are v5.x backup. Is this a long running "feature" in the apps?

-S-
    -S-
  • RBA wrote:
    Hi Sebest1,

At the moment, SQL Backup 6 will not delete certain backups:
    • Version 5 files
    • Encrypted backups (unless the password is the same as the backup being made)
    • Backups of other databases
    • Backups of differing types (Full, diff, log)
    Are any of the files not being deleted outside of the above? If so, please let me know the particulars.

Thanks

Robin

Robin -

Can you confirm that by "Backups of different types" you mean that as long as both my scheduled full and scheduled log backups are BOTH set to delete older than X days, and are BOTH pointed to the same folder, log and full backups will be deleted from the folder as intended?

Tim
  • Hi,

Yes, both types are be handled when a respective task is executed: the full backup job will delete old full backups only, whilst the log backup job log will delete old log backups only.

Regards,
    Robin Anderson
    Development
    Red-Gate Software