Options

Need to generate scripts with

mcsolasmcsolas Posts: 4
edited July 29, 2005 12:05AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT, ANSI_WARNINGS OFF
GO
SET ANSI_PADDING, CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL, ARITHABORT, QUOTED_IDENTIFIER, ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

Thats how I fixed the script before the trick is that I cant make the sql compare generate the script with the ANSI_WARNINGS OFF setting specified. Is there any way that I can?

I am trying to reduce the column sizes, such as char(255) to char(100) and it keeps telling me that data would be truncated but I dont care, its not really going to be, so I want to force the change. I tried the settings but nothing I checked made it change the script.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

In the current version, you cannot specify the ANSI_WARNINGS setting. I think there are some very valid reasons for having it there, such as being able to process queries that involve linked servers. It may be a good idea to give you the option, though, so we'll definitely look into it.
  • Options
    Hello,

In the current version, you cannot specify the ANSI_WARNINGS setting. I think there are some very valid reasons for having it there, such as being able to process queries that involve linked servers. It may be a good idea to give you the option, though, so we'll definitely look into it.

I'd also like to make a plea for this functionality.
This discussion has been closed.