Application Role has wrong password

rekeatingrekeating Posts: 2
edited May 9, 2005 6:18AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I am currently evaluating SQL Packager, and was pleasently surprised to see that it would include app_roles in the generated script. Unfortunately, however, I've not been able to find a way to modify the password for the app_role to be correct, while still using compressed resources. I'd like to edit the SQL script prior to creation of a C# project to set the app_role password, or edit the password after creation of the project. Using compressed resources is desirable to provide some protection of this password, but how is it possible to edit the compressed resource?
--Bob

Comments

• Hi Bob

Sorry for the delay in answering your question but I wanted to try and find an easy solution for you. Unfortunately I have been unable to do so. If you want to use the compressed resources it will involve some interesting coding on your behalf.

However if you edit the password in your C# project you can then build the executable, with the password secured within. The executable can then be zipped up to compress, and password protect, to reduce the size.

I hope this helps

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
This discussion has been closed.