Options

erasefiles_remote not working in script version of backup

terrihawkinsterrihawkins Posts: 17
edited July 23, 2009 8:52AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am using SQLBACKUP version 5.4. The erasefiles_remote command is not working, I get an 850 error "syntax error: 'ERASEFILES_REMOTE' AFTER ','.

I have moved the erasefiles_remote statement around in the script to see if it's just placement, but that does not seem to help. Here is my script....

SQLBackupC.exe -E -I PSSQLPRD -SQL "BACKUP DATABASE [HRM89PRD] TO DISK = 'F:\MirrorFiles\HRM89PRD\DAILY\<AUTO>.sqb' WITH COMPRESSION = 2, COPYTO = '\\ADS.COT\COT\SQLBACKUPS\PEOPLESOFT\HRM89PRD\DAILY', FILEOPTIONS = 1, ERASEFILES = 6, ERASEFILES_REMOTE = 14, INIT, VERIFY"

Any assistance is appreciated.
terri

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    When you run SQLBackupC.exe from the command line, what is the version number displayed?

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    how curious.... it shows 5.2.0.2825, but the help/about shows 5.4.0.55.... is that normal?
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The version number in the GUI refers to the GUI version, while that for each registered server instance refers to the version of the SQL Backup Agent service.

I think that somewhere on your machine, you should have a version 5.4 of SQLBackupC.exe, if you have already upgraded the rest of the server components to 5.4.

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8