The standalone web server did not start correctly. This may

SchluperSchluper Posts: 2
I am trying to run the memory profiler against an ASP.NET web application hosted on the local machine running in IIS7 (Windows Server 2008)

The ASP.NET web application is hosted on the default web site, on the default port (80).

The web application pool has been configurd to run as a user with domain network priveledges. The web application pool is configured to run as the user gpierson. I also tried not specifying the user and using the default user.

When I attempt to profile the web app, I get the above error message. Full error message has been copied below:

The standalone web server did not start correctly. This may be because gpierson is not an administrator of this computer.
RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Exceptions.CannotStartSessionException
at eU.Launch()
at RedGate.Memory.Controller.Session.ProfilerSession.i()

Caused by:

The standalone web server did not start correctly. This may be because gpierson is not an administrator of this computer.
RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Exceptions.CannotStartIisSessionException
at eZ.PerformLaunch()
at eU.Launch()

Caused by:

RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIS.IISException
stack trace:
at eC.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String subprocessVariableValue)
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIS.IISStarter`1.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String subprocessVariableValue)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIISActuator`1.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String subprocessVariableValue)
at eZ.PerformLaunch()

Comments

• This sounds like its a problem with restarting the IIS service which is needing an account with admin rights. Is it true that gpierson is not an administrator of this computer? Are you able to run ANTS as a user with admin rights?