Options

Not able to profile a MOSS site collection

Hi,

I am working with MOSS 2007 and trying to profile a sitecollection using ANTS Profiler 5.0.I am able to profile if i don't select the Profile Child Processes check box.

But when i check this option,i get 2/3 times windows popup for entering userid and password and then after running for 15 minutes it shows me a request denied page saying the user is not permitted to view the page.

Please help me if any one has got any clue..

Regards,
Bibhu Prasad Rath
bibhu.official@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post.
    We are trying to replicate your issue and we will get back to you as soon.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Could you explicitly browse the site without being prompted for login credentials?
    i.e. try browsing the site without using ANTS Profiler and let us know whether the issue exists.

We have a knowledge base which explicitly explains how to profile sharepoint site collection using ANTS Profiler here

Kindly go through the following links:

Link1

Link 2

Kindly let me know if the issue still persists.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I've been working with ANTS and MOSS for a while now and have managed to overcome pretty much all profiling issues.

We have a build of ANTS that overcomes several permission issues, please try this (the features here will make it into a GA release soon):

ftp://support.red-gate.com/Patches/ANTS ... AnyCpu.exe

If you're still getting no joy, try my small app that sets up an environment variable that ANTS needs:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/Patches/ANTS ... _0.0.2.exe

If still no joy, I have to ask: are you 100% sure you are using the right log on (test with a different browser- I recommend chrome - it actually remembers what you typed in unlike IE, you can use chrome with ANTS- as soon as it starts profiling you can use any old browser).