Restore Backup failed on a Active-Passive Cluster

ivanrdgzivanrdgz Posts: 16
edited July 11, 2009 6:31AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Firstly I was very impressed with the speed and level of compression (300GB database was compressed into 45GB in just 20 minutes.

Then I tried to restore but after about 10 minutes it failed with all kind of errors messages regarding faulty pages and etc...

Tried again creating the backup, but this time with the verify option and the backup failed, well not exactly the backup but the Verify. It wrote to the logs that the backup was successfully created, but the verify failed. After that, our cluster failed over. Now we don't know who to blame. I uninstalled intermediately it from the server. Let me notice that I was using a fresh trial just downloaded today from Red Gate web site.

In few words, a full catastrophe :)

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please post the contents of the SQL Backup log file for the backup+verify process that failed? By default, the log files are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<instance name>.

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8