Backup Wizard step 3, Copy bckup to network folder

ivrnetivrnet Posts: 2
edited July 2, 2009 11:58AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hello, I'm trying to test the option to copy the file to a network location after the backup is complete. This is the third step in the backup wizard. there is a check box that says "Copy backup to network" then you choose the folder.

After letting the backups take place I notice that no files have been created in the specified network location.

Can anyone tell me why?

One thing to note is, we do not sue network authentication to log into the SQL DB's My guess is that this some how making the copy to the net work location unreachable. perhaps Redgate Backup 5 is trying to use the SQL server login to login to the network location.?

Any thoughts?
Your help is appreciated!

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

You should probably check the logs on the SQL Server's %allusersprofile%\application data\red gate\SQL Backup\Log folder. The reason for the copyto failures, if any, should be listed in this log.

Security-wise, the copyto operation is done using the credentials of the SQL Backup Agent service startup account. You should ensure that the account has write permissions to the network share.