Options

Enhancement request - comparison of database level attribute

EdBordenEdBorden Posts: 6
edited July 16, 2010 5:20PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
It would be very helpful if SQL Compare could compare and report on database level attibute differences. It would be even better if it could synch the differences, but being able to quickly identify differences is more valuable. The types of attributes I want to be able to compare include the columns in the sys.databases table (compatibility_level, collation_name, recovery_model, is_read_committed_snapshot_on, etc.), db_owner, etc...

Comments

• Options
    Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    I've added a link to this thread to our open feature request for this feature - we haven't had quite enough demand to implement it as yet (and there have been thoughts of having a seperate 'server compare' style program for comparing properties above the database object level and server objects), but the more requests we get, the more likely it is to float to the top of our feature request list :).
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    For what it's worth our company currently needs this feature as well. We are currently using SQL Compare API for validating stored procedures and are in need of validating database settings including READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT.

It appears others are also requesting the same feature on the following thread: http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... 0498#40498
  • Options
    Please add my votes to the database property compare

AND

'server compare' style program for comparing properties above the database object level and server objects)

Open Feature Requests :D

Thanks!
    Traci