Options

List of fields to change !!

promobilpromobil Posts: 3
edited April 21, 2005 1:08PM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
Hi

I am using the SQL compare to Compare two databases, it works file, but I need to make som export to a test file, with a list like this:

TABLENAME;FIELD;ADD/DELETE/MODIFY
JOB;E-MAIL;ADD

Where can I read this Info ?
I have the following objects:
db1,db2 : Database;
Diffs : Differences;
NewWork : Work;

Thanks.

Regards
Thomas Olsen.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Thomas,

Were you planning on writing your own SQL Toolkit project regardless? Because if all that you want to see is a text report showing the objects in the database and whether or not they are different, the SQLCompare.exe command-line version of SQL Compare will let you do that.
  • Options
    My program need to send the Field information to a Data replication Service, that will send data for the New fields in the Database.
    I can NOT use the Commandline tool.
    I can see that I have access to Alle the changed tables, but where can i see witch fields that have to be modyfied.

Regards Thomas Olsen.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Thomas,

Then the most sensible option would be to loop through your collection of Diffs using a foreach loop, such as 'foreach (Difference d in Diffs)', and get the properties from each iteration of d and send that information where it needs to go. You can figure out if the object is different very easily by querying the Different property.
This discussion has been closed.