SQL Search DEFAULTS

Every time I open SQL Search the default server is one of the Azure servers.  Not a server that I do much searching in.  If I forget to change that I am stuck waiting 5 minutes before I can change the server.   Is there any way that a config file could be used to allow setting defaults for things like SERVER, DATABASE.....
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post.

When you re-open SQL Search, is this after re-opening SSMS or is this in the same session that you are closing and opening SQL Search? 

As far as I know, there is no config file to set a default for the search, by default all DBs are listed for the connected instance(s).
  • OK, so if there is no current feature for setting DEFAULTS.  I would like to suggest that such a feature be added in some future release.  AND BTW that should include as many DEFAULTS as possible including SERVER, DATABASE, OBJECT TYPES, USE WILD CARDS, MATCH WHOLE WORDS ONLY...

The issue is when SQL SEARCH is open for the first time after starting SSMS.  When reopening SQL SEARCH any time after that as long as SSMS is not closed and restarted the current SQL SERVER seems to retain the server that I searched on last.
  • Hi Robert,

You can post this on our Uservoice forum as a feature request if this is something you'd like to see:

https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/101149-sql-search

The DB selection will only reset between each SSMS session currently, but it won't reset if you close and re-open SQL Search. 

• NEW OBSERVATION;
    If there are NO servers open in Object Explorer and SQL Search is opened, then there are NO servers to select from and the SQL Search Server dropdown is empty.
    Obviously this indicates that there is some connection to Object explorer and SQL Search Server availability list !!