Is it possible to have more than one instance of SQL monitor installed?

As long as I don't exceed my total number of entitlements, can I have more than one instance of SQL Monitor installed? One for test/dev systems and one for production. They would be completely "independent" of one another. 
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Hi @DannyG18610

Redgate Monitor is licensed per Windows server (either physical or virtual).

If running a Windows cluster, every node participating in the cluster requires a license. This includes passive nodes: these are automatically detected, and it is not possible to monitor only part of a cluster.

It doesn't check the number of SQL Instances installed on an individual server.

Kind regards

Victoria Wiseman | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • DannyG18610DannyG18610 Posts: 3 New member
    edited July 31, 2024 2:48PM
    Hi @DannyG18610

Redgate Monitor is licensed per Windows server (either physical or virtual).

If running a Windows cluster, every node participating in the cluster requires a license. This includes passive nodes: these are automatically detected, and it is not possible to monitor only part of a cluster.

It doesn't check the number of SQL Instances installed on an individual server.

"Redgate Monitor is licensed per Windows server"
     I presume you mean Per server monitored. For example. I have ten licenses (So I can monitor ten SQL servers). Can I set up one suite. (SQL Base monitor and IIS web site) to monitor five test servers. Then set up another independent suite (SQL base monitor and IIS Web page) to monitor five production servers. Currently, I have One Base monitor and IIS web page for all ten of them.