Copy settings to new computer

johnujohnu Posts: 1 New member
My old laptop partly died.  Hard drive started going corrupt.  As a result, I can't open SSMS nor uninstall/re-install it.  I have received my new laptop, but would like to get my snippets, custom formatting, custom tab colors, etc. from the old laptop somehow.  On the old laptop, I can open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\Red Gate\..., etc.  I am hoping the settings are somewhere here.  I can also use regedit on the old laptop if necessary.
Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @johnu

Please take a backup of the snippets, styles folders and the SQLHistory.db located in %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10.

Then uninstall SQL Prompt and delete the %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10 folder (keeping the backup that you took earlier) 

Next check that then C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10 folder has also been removed and if not, delete the SQL Prompt folder.

After that, reinstall SQL Prompt and start SSMS, if all is working then restore the styles, snippets and SQLHistory back to %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10. 

Kind regards

Victoria Wiseman | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?