What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

Installing Toolbelt into SSMS 20 with SSMS 18 & 19 already installed

I've got SSMS 18 & 19 already installed and have the Toolbelt installed into both.  I just downloaded SSMS 20 and am running the Toolbelt installer.  It says there's nothing to install.  How do I get it to install everything into SSMS 20?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 371 Silver 4
    Answer ✓

Hi @RichUchytil

Thanks for reaching out on the Redgate forum regarding your Toolbelt & SSMS 20 query

SQL Prompt and our other Toolbelt products that run within SSMS will be installed into all available versions of SSMS when our installer runs. This occurs from a fresh install and also on patch updates.

If you have installed SSMS20, you will need to run a fresh installation of your used Redgate products to install their respective integration into SSMS

The latest SQL Toolbelt installer can be found here and is possibly the quickest way to install all products used in SSMS https://download.red-gate.com/installers/SQLToolbelt/2024-06-14/SQLToolbelt.exe

If you are already using the latest versions of our products, your options are to potentially wait for the next patch release to run an update; or conduct an uninstall/reinstall process on the tools to appear in SSMS20

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software