What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

Column named ROW_ID causes error

Some of my tables have a column named "ROW_ID".  When attempting to run Data Masker for SQL Server (version 7.1.45.8811 64bit), I get an error like this:

Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'ROW_ID' in table '#TempDM_7buO2P7ZKk6Qf/fur8S5VA' is specified more than once.

If I change the name of my column to something like "TEST_ROW_ID" for example, it works fine.  Is there a workaround for this which would not require changing column names?

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,789 Rose Gold 5
    Hi TimothyO,
    I suspect that I have an open support ticket open with you, where we are waiting on a bug fix version of Data Masker.

For other readers of this forum post.  The problem is caused by Data Masker for certain rules, the shuffle rule is one example, a temporary table is created by SQL Data Masker.  This temporary table is created with a column name ROW_ID, so SQL correctly errors as a table cannot have two columns with the same name.

The good news is that a bug fix version is due to be made available.  I will update this forum thread when the bug fix version becomes available.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com