What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

SQL Prompt 10.14.21.9884 always showing multi-part identifier could not be found

SQL Prompt, 10.14.21.9884, SSMS 20.1.10.0.

I typically leave solution files/tabs open between launches. When I launch SSMS and select an existing tab (which shows it is connected) I can execute the query and have success, but SQL Prompt keeps all the SQL statements underlined in red. This hasn't happened before.

If I copy the SQL out, close the tab, and then right-click the database and get a new connection, paste the SQL back in, the red lines are gone.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi jsreynolds,

Thanks for reaching out to Redgate Support.

I suspect that intellisense may be underlining those statements. If you go to Open Tools>Options>Text Editor>Transact-SQL>Intellisense. Is Intellisense disabled here?

You can see a sub-setting 'Underline error' that's the option which I believe is causing the issue for you. If you disable this and close and reopen SSMS are you still seeing the same behavior?
  • Options
    jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 84 Silver 1
    @cperez Your suggestion was spot on. I thought I had turned off that stuff long ago, but indeed it was present. That fixed things. Sorry, and thank you.