What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

SSMS 20 - No suggestions with "host name in certificate" option

mbellasmbellas Posts: 1 New member
Hi, we recently upgraded to SSMS 20 and started using the new "host name in certificate" option in the SSMS connection window. So we are connecting to server whatever.domain.local and putting the real whatever.database.windows.net in that new field.  This works for connections but SQL Prompt doesn't use the new field - there are connection errors in the log file and I'm only getting snippet suggestions.

As a workaround I have to use the "Trust server certificate" option.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi mbellas,

Thanks for reaching out to Redgate Support. Support for version 20 of SSMS was added in March of this year for SQL Prompt. (Version 10.14.11.7894) Could I have you confirm the version of Prompt that you have installed by clicking on SQL Prompt > Help > About SQL Prompt in SSMS?

Additionally, I would like to gather your SQL Prompt log to confirm the connection errors you are mentioning. (File Link HERE) Could you select SQL Prompt > Help > Enable Verbose Logging and then replicate the connection error and afterwards select SQL Prompt > Help > Locate Log Files and attach them to the File Link I left above?

Best Regards,

Christian Perez
    Product Support Engineer