What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

SQL Prompt not suggesting table or column names

DHopkinsMDVADHopkinsMDVA Posts: 2 New member
edited May 28, 2024 9:13PM in SQL Prompt
SSMS v18.12.1, SQL Prompt v10.14.19.9311
This morning when I started writing queries against my prod server SQL Prompt is not suggesting table names or column names.  This was working on Friday.  When I try the same against my dev server, I get the suggestions as usual.  Same db name and same column names but a different sever.  I tried refreshing suggestions on the prod server, same behavior.  I closed all open queries, disconnected from the databases, closed SSMS, reopened SSMS and I still get the same behavior.  Uninstalled SQL Prompt, restarted machine, reinstalled SQL Prompt, refreshed suggestions and still the same behavior, suggestions work on dev server but not on prod.

How do I resolve this issue?

Answers

• Options
    Dan_JDan_J Posts: 454 Silver 2
    Hi @DHopkinsMDVA

I'm sorry you're seeing this issue with SQL Prompt on your prod server, thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

My initial thought is to check if SQL Prompt is set to serve suggestions for all databases. If you navigate to the connections settings (SQL Prompt menu > Options > Suggestions), under Databases is the drop down set to 'Load suggestions for all databases and schemas'?

Also to mention, the following documentation page covers the above, along with other things to check in relation the issue you're seeing: https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp10/managing-sql-prompt-behavior/managing-connections-and-memory

Please don't hesitate in coming back to us if this doesn't resolve this issue.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    DHopkinsMDVADHopkinsMDVA Posts: 2 New member
    I figured this out based on the info sent to me from Kurt in Red Gate support.  When connecting to the server from SSMS I had to go to Options>Connection Properties and check 'Trust Server Certificate'. I'm assuming the cert changed but since this was an existing connection it did not re-prompt me to trust the cert.

In any case, it is working now.
  • Options
    Dan_JDan_J Posts: 454 Silver 2
    Hi @DHopkinsMDVA

Thanks for your update on this. I'm glad to hear this is now working.

Thanks for reaching out to us.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?