Options

After installing SSMS 20, how can I activate SQL Prompt in it?

NaomiNosNaomiNos Posts: 2 New member
Hi,

I recently installed SSMS 20, I want to add SQL Prompt and SQL Search to it, what should I do to have these appear?

I have RedGate products installed.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Options
    Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 354 Silver 4
    Answer ✓

Hi @NaomiNos

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your question around SQL Prompt & SSMS20.

SQL Prompt and our other tool belt products that run within SSMS will be installed into all available versions of SSMS when our installer runs. This occurs from a fresh install and also on patch updates. 

If you have installed SSMS20, you will need to run a fresh installation of your used Redgate products to install their respective integration into SSMS

The latest SQL Toolbelt installer can be found here and is possibly the quickest way to install all products used in SSMS

https://download.red-gate.com/installers/SQLToolbelt/2024-05-08/SQLToolbelt.exe

If you are already using the latest versions of our products, your options are to potentially wait for the next patch release to run an update; or conduct an uninstall/reinstall process on the tools to appear in SSMS20

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Answers