Options

how to get redgate monitor default alert tsql

I use redgate monitoring service, I want to know how to see alert type tsql, I want to know what is the script of each alert?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MOH1111MOH1111 Posts: 4 New member
    I need this document urgently, can someone help me

• Options
    Hi MOH1111

Is this for a specific alert you are looking for? 
  • Options
    ATurner said:
    Hi MOH1111

Is this for a specific alert you are looking for? 
    Some queries sent from sqlmonitor cause deadlock. I want to know which alert caused this problem
  • Options
    Hi MOH1111

I will require more information to check that I will create a ticket here and email you. 
  • Options
    ATurner said:
    Hi MOH1111

I will require more information to check that I will create a ticket here and email you. 
    I want to know from which alert was sent the query that caused the deadlock, or which alert is this query related to? Look at the red part, this is a query for Redgatesqlmonitor alerts
    I need the document for these things.

• Options
    ATurnerATurner Posts: 192 Silver 2
    Hi MOH1111

SQL Monitor is sampling the backup system tables every 5 minutes to get information on the database backups.  Our sampler appears to be running at the same time as one of your log backups (in the case of the one shown in the image) and is chosen as victim. 

SQL Monitor is designed to handle deadlocks on the samplers, the backup sampler will be chosen as victim and collect the data the next collection. The sampler runs every 5 minutes by default so depending on your backup schedule it may deadlock at different times but there is a way to change this to be ever more off schedule, say every 7 minutes), which I will describe below.  

Or alternatively you can have set SQL Monitor to not raise alerts for those deadlocks as the system is designed to accommodate them occurring by editing the Configuration > Alert settings for the Deadlock (Extended events) alert.  If your SQL Monitor uses a login specific to it, you can exclude based on that, which would be the most appropriate or possibly with "resources matching" backupmediaset OR backupset.  This may not be appropriate if all of the currently sampler runs are being deadlocked and then changing the frequency to be and odd timing is the better option.

To customize the sampler frequency you will use the ConfigurationFileEditor.exe tool included in the Tools subdirectory of the base monitor installation directory ( C:\Program Files\Red Gate\Redgate Monitor\BaseMonitor\Tools by default):

• Right click and run the tool as an Admin
    • Click on the Load Configuration File option and then select the "RedGate.SqlMonitor.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe.settings.config" which should be residing under the C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\redgate Monitor directory by default
      • It's recommended that you save a copy of the config file elsewhere before editing it further - the tool may also do this.
    • Once you've loaded the config file, scroll down about 2/3-3/4 of the way and tick the box next to each [Cluster].[SqlServer].[Database].[Database], [Cluster].[SqlServer].[Database].[Database].[BackupType] and [Cluster].[SqlServer].[Database].[Database][BackupType].[Backup] and then change the 5 in the "Minutes" section to 7 as seen below: