Options

How to configure remote oracle db?

OrclredAunOrclredAun Posts: 1 New member
edited April 20, 2024 9:11PM in Source Control for Oracle

At the moment, I configured the Redgate source control for the SQL developer's local machine. Now I need to connect to a remote setting. And please tell me what are the steps to do so. Another critical thing is how can it lock the tables/package editing in the same scheme by having two different types of user access. Is it possible? The last one is, how can we push the committed changes to new location using source control

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

I assume you are referring to Source Control for Oracle application.

Not 100% sure what you mean by the comment:
    Now I need to connect to a remote setting. 

Source Control for Oracle (SOCO) is designed to operate on user's Windows workstation or laptop.

You just need to create a new project, of which there are 5 steps:

• Step 1, you connect to the Oracle database host either via a TNS connection or Manual connection where the user provides the host name, port, SID or Service Name and the username/password combination to connect to the database.
    • Step 2, select the location or source control system.  4 choices - Subversion, TFS, Git or a Working Scripts folder option.
    • Step 3, select the schema or schemas you wish to link to source control option in Step 2.
    • Step 4, the folder that contains the object creation scripts.
    • Step 5 is a summary of Steps 1 - 4.
    Further reading in this help document.

There is a locking feature, further reading in this help document.

SOCO will only push to the location specified in Step 2, of the create project steps, you cannot specify an alternative or new location.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com