Options

'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IvsTaskList' must be installed for this feature to work

TVanTVan Posts: 2 New member
When SQL Prompt automatically loads suggestions for a database, I get the error "The service 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IvsTaskList' must be installed for this feature to work.  Ensure that this service is available."  I do NOT get the error when manually refreshing suggestions.  I've tried repairing Visual Studio, reinstalling Visual Studio, reinstalling SQL Prompt, repairing SSMS, and reinstalling SSMS and the error still appears. I haven't been able to find much info on this error through searching.  Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?

Best Answer

• Options
    JoshHJoshH Posts: 26 Bronze 1
    Hi, 

This looks to be a Microsoft error unrelated to SQL Prompt itself. I see you tried reinstalling and repairing, etc. Have you tried upgrading to a newer version of SSMS? That may resolve your errors. 

Answers

• Options
    TVanTVan Posts: 2 New member
    Thanks Josh.  I have installed SSMS 20.1 and so far I've not had the same issue.  Thanks for the response and the suggestion.  I'm not sure why uninstalling and reinstalling 18 didn't work, but so far, so good with 20.