Options

integartion in new SQl Management Studio 20

Hello together,
as a newbie in this forum i have the following question:
after installing new Management Sql Studio i ask myself how to integrate Sql Compare in this new Version of Management Studio. deinstallation of all installed Packages incl. integration Pack and reinstall dosent work.
is there any Solution for this or do i have keep my smms v18 alive and use both Versions?

any help would be nice

Thanks

M.Kerkhoff

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 342 Silver 4
    Hi @martin_kerkhoff

Thanks for reaching out regarding your questions regarding Redgate products & SSMS20

As of right now, SSMS20 is not compatible with our products. We are working on this and will let you know when they are compatible.
    https://productsupport.red-gate.com/hc/en-us/articles/17700853190045-SSMS-v20-and-your-Redgate-products

We would suggest continuing to use SSMS18 or other supported versions of SSMS until our products include support for SSMS20
    The SSMS20 installation doesn't upgrade or replace SSMS 19.x and earlier versions. SSMS 20 installs alongside previous versions, so both versions are available to use on your device.

This is being worked on by our product development teams and we would anticipate SQL Toolbelt products such as SQL Compare should start having support for SSMS20 included as part of a not-too-distant update.
    Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Answers