Options

Change content widths in ssms status bar?

MR_2008R2MR_2008R2 Posts: 2 New member
I like checking "Include Login Name" because it shows the SPID number in the status bar.  Unfortunately, the length of my domain\username string bumps into the maximum pixel width for that text in the Status Bar, and hides any 4-digit SPID behind a "..." that requires hovering.  The limit seems to be 255px for the text.  

Is there any way to increase the pixel limit here? There's plenty of space to the left. 
If not, is there something I can do to trim off the domain part of my login name? Or to decrease the display font size? 

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @MR_2008R2

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I have had a quick search to see if it is possible to expand the status bar in the way you are describing, however this doesn't seem possible from what I can see.

As this is an SSMS feature (and not one that relates to a Redgate product) it would be best to raise this question with Microsoft.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    MR_2008R2MR_2008R2 Posts: 2 New member
    edited March 21, 2024 8:33PM
    Thanks for your response. From what I understand, SSMS Tools Pack offers this feature. Can I add status bar augmentation as a feature request from Red-Gate? 

[screenshots are not mine; they show a coworker's SSMS application with extra data in the status bar.] 

• Options
    Hi @MR_2008R2

Thanks for your reply.

The SSMS Tools Pack was not developed and is not maintained by Redgate. The website with a contact us page for the tool is: https://www.ssmstoolspack.com/

I hope this helps!
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?