How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Reports -> Server summary

Is this showing SQL Server as "not running" expected for a cluster?

The SQL Servers are most definitely running, and presenting the information this way is not very helpful. Maybe a "Running 10/12" in a yellow/warning color, or similar, may be a better approach?

Answers

• Options

HI Alin, 

My apologies for the delay in responding to your post here. Can you advise the version of SQL Monitor you're currently running please?

Kind regards

Tom Claringbold | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    AlinBorosAlinBoros Posts: 6 New member
    Hi Tom,

That would be 13.0.46.30654.
  • Options
    Tom_CTom_C Posts: 70 Bronze 4
    edited March 13, 2024 9:43AM

Hi Alin, 

I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour on the same version. Just to clarify from your initial post, are all servers in the cluster running? You suggested displaying a 10/12 type message so just wanted to check if you believe all of yours to be running. 

Think it might be helpful to grab a set of log files from your redgate Monitor, will send you a request from an internal ticket for these rather than continuing the conversation here.

Kind regards

Tom Claringbold | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    AlinBorosAlinBoros Posts: 6 New member
    Thanks Tom, they are all running in my knowledge - but I have the monitoring suspended for about half of them, not sure if that's the cause. I take from your message however that's not the expected behavior, so would appreciate any other support you can provide to clarify this.