Options

Change automation plugin broken under Visual Studio 17.9

Hi. After upgrading to Visual Studio 17.9, the change automation pluggin is broken. It is impossible to show the dialog to change the DB connection. Clicking the button does nothing and we found this in the log :

Error|RedGate.Versioning.Client.VsShell.VisualStudio.ConnectionDialog.VisualStudioConnectionDialog|1| Error in ShowConnectionDialog:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionDlg.Core.CommonUtil.IsInteractiveAuthenicationSupported()'.

Thanks
Jerome
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I am also getting this error on a fresh Visual Studio 17.9 install. Then VS crash when it happens and I'm unable to connect SCA to my Database. Is there any way we could add or edit a connection string manually for SCA  to use as a workaround ?
  • Options
    JM123JM123 Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    We also have the error on our side.  Visual Studio just crashed and I found the same error as you in %LocalAppData%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Change Automation\VS\

• Options
    Hi @JeromeL, @YLarente, @JM123

I've been able to reproduce this behaviour, apologies for this inconvenience, I'm going to escalate this straight to the developers 

As a temporary workaround, you can modify the database connection strings if you go to the project in file explorer and edit the "sqlproj.user" file 

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    Hi @JeromeL@YLarente@JM123

We've just released SQL Change Automation version 4.6.24074 which should resolve the issue with the connection dialogue in Visual Studio

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?