Options

Upgrading to Visual Studio 2022 17.9.0

Hello,

I'm currently running 17.8.5 and 17.9.0 is now available.
Is SCA working fine in this version?
Historically there has been issues with VS upgrades, I want to be sure the upgrade is safe.

Regards,

Éric
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    AnnieAnnie Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    Hi Eric, 

I have upgraded to VS 2022 v 17.9.0 and I am getting below error. It looks to the one you are referring to with 17.8.0 version - https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/90219/problem-after-update-to-visual-studio-17-8

Anyone else encountered this issue, please? 

Thanks, 

Error message: 

Message = Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionStringBuilder.get_Encrypt()'.
    Data = System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    InnerException = 
    TargetSite = RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Shared.DatabaseUtils.Connection.ConnectionStringProperties ParseConnectionString(System.String)
    StackTrace =    at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Shared.DatabaseUtils.SqlServer.Connection.ConnectionStringParser.ParseConnectionString(String connectionString)
       at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Projects.ProjectSettings.SqlProj.UserSettings.ProjectUserSettingsLoader.GetRawConnectionString(IMsBuildUserSettingsStrategy strategy, ConnectionStringPropertyNames connectionStringPropertyNames)
       at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Projects.ProjectSettings.SqlProj.UserSettings.ProjectUserSettingsLoader.GetConnectionString(IMsBuildUserSettingsStrategy strategy, ConnectionStringPropertyNames connectionStringPropertyNames, IProgressLogger progress)
       at RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Projects.ProjectSettings.SqlProj.UserSettings.ProjectUserSettingsLoader.LoadSettings(String filePath, IProgressLogger progress)
       at RedGate.Versioning.Engines.Migrations.Projects.SqlProj.DatabaseConnections.ProjectDatabasesRetriever.LoadSettings(String filePath, IProgressLogger progress)
       at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VsShell.VisualStudio.ProjectSelection.SelectProjectService.LoadProject(Project project)
       at RedGate.Versioning.Client.VsShell.VisualStudio.ProjectSelection.SelectProjectService.LoadDefaultProject()
    HelpLink = 
    Source = RedGate.Versioning.Engine.Shared.DatabaseUtils.SqlServer
    HResult = -2146233069
  • Options
    Hello Annie,

Yes this is the error I'm referring to, but it was fixed.
    Which version of SCA are you using?

I have version: 4.6.24045.3134

Regards,

Éric

• Options
    Hi @EricLamontagne

If you can hold off from upgrading to 17.9 & 17.9.1 that would be great as there's currently an issue with modifying database connections 

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    Hello all,

We've just released SQL Change Automation version 4.6.24074 which should resolve the issue with the connection dialogue in Visual Studio. 

You can access the installer here:
    https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLChangeAutomation/